Start To :
- Created On: 01-09-2023
- Last Updated On: N/A
- By: CynoInfotech Team
- Platform: Magento 2 Community Edition
- Email: email@example.com
If you are running an ecommerce business online payment has been the main part of your business. Magento 2 store owners make online payments more secure by using a secure payment gateway for their stores. Barclaycard is the most reputed & trusted brand in the UK (United Kingdom) Thus integrating the Barclaycard payment gateway in the Magento 2 store benefits you both your store and reputation.
Barclaycard hosted Payments method Magento 2 extension developed by the CynoInfotech team allows admin to enable online secure payments through Barclaycard payment for customers' purchases.
Barclaycard Hosted Payment method Magento 2 extension is ePDQ e-commerce. That means the payment process is hosted on the payment gateway itself. Customers are redirected to the website of Barclaycard to complete the payment. Thus, Barclaycard Hosted Payment secures the customer's card data on the payment gateway’s server itself. The customers are not required to enter credit card details in the Magento 2 store or server for it redirects to the Barclaycard itself for security purposes and hence the extension meets the SAQ A level of PCI validation.
Account & Pricing
To start Barclaycard ePDQ Hosted Payment on your Magento 2 store, first of all, create a free merchant account in Barclaycard. After registration merchant can receive the API key from Barclaycard and integrate the API key detail on the Magento 2 store. Barclaycard gateway offers different pricing based on the card type used for payment transactions.
How Does the Extension Work on the Magento 2 Store?
When the merchants create an account on Barclaycard, they get API and PSPID details to configure the Barclaycard payment gateway with Magento 2 backend. The store admin can add details like payment method, and PSPID, and set hash algorithm, language, and currency. Also, add SHA-IN and SHA-OUT pass phrases are the security elements of the payment verifying its authenticity. The store admin can set the display message that shows on the payment page.
When customers select the Barclaycard ePDQ Hosted Payment method at the time of the checkout page, they are redirected to the Barclaycard hosted payment page to add their card detail details. Once the card details match with the system and payment is successful, customers receive a payment success full message. The store admin can check the payment details from the Magento 2 backend.
You can find these features below:
- Enable/Disable extension from the backend.
- Payment process is hosted on the Barclaycard payment gateway itself
- Customers are redirected to the website of Barclaycard to complete the payment
- Extension meets the SAQ A level of PCI validation
- SHA-IN and SHA-OUT pass phrases are the security elements of the payment verifying its authenticity
- Hash algorithm for enhanced security
- Set default language and currency
- Set the display message that shows on the payment page
Settings (Barclaycard Account Signup and Login)
signup to create a merchant account. Simply fill the details and submit to successfully register with Barclaycard Hosted Payment Gateway.
Once you get registration details, Login to either test or production account using your PSID and password.
Login to Magento 2, move to Stores → Configuration → Sales → Payment Methods, find the Barclaycard ePDQ Hosted Payment - Cynoinfotech to configure.
- Enable: Yes/No extension from the backend.
- Title: Enter title for the Barclaycard Hosted Payment
- PSPID: Enter your payment service provider ID (PSPID)
- Hash algorithm: Barclaycard Configuration → Technical Information → Global Security Parameters → Hash Algorithm.
- SHA-in pass phrase: Barclaycard Configuration → Technical Information → Data & Origin Verification → SHA-IN pass phrase
- SHA-out pass phrase: Barclaycard Configuration → Technical Information → Transaction feedback → SHA-OUT pass phrase
Enable or Disable
- Download extension zip file from the account and extract it
- root of your Magento 2 installation and merge app folder
- folder structure --> app/code/Cynoinfotech/BarclaycardPayment
After this run below commands from Magento 2 root directory to install module.
- Run :cd < your Magento install dir >
- php bin/magento cache:disable
- php bin/magento module:enable Cynoinfotech_BarclaycardPayment
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- rm -rf var/cache var/generation var/di var/cache generated