Start To :
- Created On: 12-10-2019
- Last Updated On: N/A
- By: CynoInfotech Team
- Platform: Magento 2 Community Edition
- Email: email@example.com
Ecommerce businesses have hundreds/thousands of orders every day. The store owner wants to change the order number string structure in Magento 2 for customer’s convenience and protect store information. In that case native Magento 2 has not functionality to customize order number string from the backend.
Custom Order Number Magento 2 Extension allows the admin to customize order numbers as per the store’s requirement. Also, this extension allows customizing order number on invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers. Admin can set order number format with using various variables, letter, prefix, suffix, date/time, random number, and counter as per business requirement.
Custom Order Number Magento 2 extension provides functionality to modify order number with the start counter number increment this number counter padding.
We can explain in detail that how it works:
- Start counter number set 001 than first-order numbered is 001.
- Counter increment for order number means is counter increments set 5 and order number is 001 then next order is 006.
- Number counter padding sets the total number of digits on the order number. For example, Number counter padding is set 5 and the order number is 77, the order number will display 00077 (5 digits).
Reset counter functionality is added which can reset order number daily, monthly or yearly automatically. This extension helps to set an order number for different store views as per country or region. Also, this helps to control real order numbers and mainly protect business information data.
Custom Order Number Magento 2 extension helps to reduce the workload with shorting order number. Using this extension admin can create easy to identify unique order numbers with store name, purchase date etc... This small management from the backend impresses the customer to the store sales.
You can find these features below:
- Create a unique order numbers as per the store’s requirement
- Customizing order number on invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers
- Modify order number with the start counter, increment, counter padding
- Set order number format with various variables, letter, prefix, suffix, date/time, random number, counter, store ID etc...
- Reset order number daily, monthly or yearly automatically
- Set an order number for different store views as per country or region
- Control real order numbers and mainly protect business information data
Admin Order Grid
Admin Invoice Grid
Admin Shipment Grid
Admin Credit Memos Grid
Thank You Page
- Download extension zip file from the account and extract it
- root of your Magento 2 installation and merge app folder
- folder structure --> app/code/Cynoinfotech/CustomOrderNumber
After this run below commands from Magento 2 root directory to install module.
- Run :cd < your Magento install dir >
- php bin/magento cache:disable
- php bin/magento module:enable Cynoinfotech_CustomOrderNumber
- php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- rm -rf var/cache var/generation var/di var/cache /generated