Start To :
- Created On: 28-05-2019
- Last Updated On: N/A
- By: CynoInfotech Team
- Platform: Magento 2 Community Edition
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the eCommerce website, the merchant always thinks about to restrict some of the categories for some customer groups. Also, store admin likes to add functionality on his website that if the customer wants to see some of the categories or products on the website then they should be redirected to the registration page. Catalog Permissions Magento 2 extension by the CynoInfotech helps the merchant to restrict categories and CMS pages for customer groups.
Catalog Permissions Magento 2 extension allows the store admin to limit the permission of categories, CMS pages for specific customer groups. Admin can restrict permission a particular catalog for the particular customer group. This extension helps admin to restrict permission particular CMS pages of the website for any customer groups.
Catalog Permissions Magento 2 extension also provides the functionality to apply for catalog permission on parent category and on its subcategories. So admin can restrict permission of category and on its subcategories for specific customer groups, non-login customers, wholesalers, and retailers.
Due to store admin restriction on a particular category, the customer gets a notification with the error message “You don't have the permission to view this URL”. This error message can be customized by the admin.
This extension helps to redirect non-login customers from the restricted catalog elements to specific pages i.e. 404 pages or other pages. So the customer needs to login/registered on the website to view categories and restricted category products.
You can find these features below:
- Restrict categories and CMS pages for customer groups
- Limit the permission of categories, CMS pages for specific customer groups
- Hide particular catalog for the particular customer group
- Restrict particular CMS pages for any customer groups
- Restrict permission of category and on its subcategories
- Notify customers with the error message for category restriction
- Redirect non-login customers to specific pages
CMS Page Permission
Set Catagory Permission
Set Pages Permission
Front Catalog Category Permission
Restrict Category in Menu
- Download extension zip file from the account and extract it
- root of your Magento 2 installation and merge app folder
- folder structure --> app/code/Cynoinfotech/CatalogPermission
After this run below commands from Magento 2 root directory to install module.
- Run :cd < your Magento install dir >
- php bin/magento cache:disable
- php bin/magento module:enable Cynoinfotech_CatalogPermission
- php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- rm -rf var/cache var/generation var/di var/cache